Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nepal Time

Note: A new picture album is up for Turkey: “Turkey: 96 Hours in Istanbul.” Take a look!

 

After four days in Istanbul, I took off and spent one evening in Dubai, on a bus tour that was fun but depressing as it showed the opulence of the area, and then I was off again to Kathmandu. I have nothing much to report: things didn’t work out with Rimu, and I’ve spent the last three days working through my sadness and planning what to do for my three weeks here. It’s been good to relax and be quiet, even in the bustling, honking, dirty madness of Thamel. I’m doing just fine and will be spending this afternoon at a women-only party, so that should be fun. I’ve done a little shopping and meandering through the lanes of Thamel. On Sunday or Monday, I plan to check in to a Buddhist monastery and do some intense quiet time with some meditation (we’ll see how that goes)!

That’s all for now… sorry for a short and un-exciting post, but perhaps next time will be more upbeat!

--Z

No comments:

Post a Comment