Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ready to Go!

After a good eight and a half hours of sleep, I'm up and about in the Neiman apartment. My throat hurt slightly, so I drank two steaming cups of tea with lemon and honey in them, first thing. My brain's a little cloudy, but otherwise, I'm excited and ready to start the day. Mara thinks I'm going to crash pretty early, but I'm hoping I can just stay up all day and go to bed at a normal time tonight.

Thanks to my dad, I have my "ready to get backpacking" picture to show you all, with me and my packs just before heading to the airport. Here ya go:


Plan for the day: around noon or a little earlier, we're going to walk to base, which is about a mile and a half away, taking our time and taking in the sights. Well, I'll be taking them in, anyway. Mara and Justin have been here for three weeks already and so are familiar with the area already.

At base I'll get registered and use the community center to print, sign, scan and e-mail back a stupid form which I forgot to sign for a travel voucher (from Air Force days). Also, the base organizes DMZ tours and I want to sign up for one of those, as well as see what else they offer. Then we'll meet Carolyn (Mara's mom) at a noodle shop. The day's pretty open after that. I'm looking forward to taking it all in!

--Z

1 comment:

  1. Maybe take a few pix on the walk and post (or send) them? I'm interested to see what catches your eye.
    More last day pix coming.

    ReplyDelete