Monday, October 11, 2010

Jeju Adventure: A Teaser


This will be a short post, which I'll hopefully follow up tomorrow with a much more descriptive post. Since Saturday morning, I've been taking a mini-vacation. Jeju-do is a small island, formed by volanic eruptions, just south of South Korea. The whole Neiman clan and I got up early in the darkness to head to the bus station, catch the bus to Gimpo airport, and fly from there to Jeju. The bus ride was about an hour and ten minutes. We got to the airport fairly early, and it was a small airport, so we just sat and chatted, discussing our possible itinerary while in Jeju. I was on the lookout for an ATM, but there wasn't one at that airport that I could find. 

A couple hours later, we boarded our flight. We were flying Eastar Airlines (yes, spelled that way), and the interior decoration was pretty funny: little cartoon aliens hangliding, cartoon people looking out of hot air balloons, aliens dancing on a disco floor... very strange. I wish that I'd taken a picture of it! The seats on this flight were even narrower than more familiar airlines like United or American, and I was next to a large gentlemen (lucky me in the middle sit). Fortunately, the flight was just an hour. I slept for most of it, so it was an easy flight despite a shrieking baby during takeoff. 

When we arrived, we could see why Jeju is referred to as the "Hawaii of Korea." Palm trees and gorgeous weather, sunshine and little shiny cars, all of these things greeted us. None of the Jeju Airport ATMs worked for me, so I continued to be cash-less - bad planning on my part. We had decided to rent a car to make getting around a bit easier and more relaxed, so the next stop was AJ's Aivis car rental. The toughest part about the rental was learning to operate the GPS, which didn’t seem to have an “English” option we could select. 

Unfortunately, I can't type any more at this point... too tired! I'll pick this up tomorrow, and maybe even explain some of the pictures! 

--Z

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe, Nancy, Duluth) wants to know
    what your current email address is so she can communicate with you. She is REALLY enjoying your Blogs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. zoe, i love the photo's of u makin out with the naked man! very cute!

    ReplyDelete