Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Long Weekend

It was a three day weekend, made into a four day weekend by the lovely snow! And what, you may ask yourself, have I been doing?

Why, spazzing out about my post, of course! Bamako, Mali, a fascinating place that is going to become a reality in ten months, holds every ounce of my attention these days. Just to give you an idea, I have sixteen tabs open in my browser right now. They vary from Wikipedia to Youtube to BBC news to various educational websites about Mali. I'm listening to Diabaté Sissoko, a popular Malian musician.

My readings include discussions about the Taureg rebels, al Qaida alliances (but not really the al Qaida most of us know), cultural reference guides, history summaries, and more. I've put half a dozen books on hold at the library and marked a few more on Amazon for possible purchase.

Between bouts of Mali-intensive research, I have written an organizational change paper for class and spent time with my brother, who is staying with me until next weekend. I've also had fun e-mailing with many friends and family about Flag Day and the upcoming year of excitement.

It's been a perfectly lovely weekend, as you can tell!

--Z

1 comment:

  1. Lots and lots and lots to read, view, explore, absorb, and most importantly - enjoy. Keep the links coming; I am following them all.

    ReplyDelete